Skip to main content

Support for over 50's

We currently provide state and federally funded support services  to eligible residents.They are intended to assist older people to remain independent and at home, while remaining connected to the community.

The services available include:

  • Personal & Property Services
  • Food Services
  • Transport

3 result(s) found

  • Food services

    Food services

    We cater for all dietary requirements, (gluten free, vegetarian, diabetic and textured modified food), and all our meals meet the National Standard Guidelines so the nutritional value in each of the meals is guaranteed.

    Meals consist of:

    - Soup 

    - Main

    - Dessert 

    - Juice

    Meals can be delivered to your home or collected from one of our three kitchen locations from Monday to Friday (weekend meals are also available).  

    - Upwey

    - Lilydale

    - Yarra Junction


    Library service

    We also offer a library service, so when your meal is delivered you can have a book delivered to you at the same time.


    Eligibility Criteria

    Meet Commonwealth Home Support eligibility criteria or be in receipt of an Aged Care Package.

    View the eligibility criteria

  • Transport


    Yarra Ranges Community Bus Transport Service provides a vital social link for you to connect with the community. 

    The service operates in different areas across the Yarra Ranges from Monday to Friday. It is available for shopping trips, outings, transport to seniors clubs and medical appointments. You can be picked up and returned to your home.


    Eligibility Criteria

    Meet Commonwealth Home Support eligibility criteria or be in receipt of an Aged Care Package.

    View the eligibility criteria


    Current shopping trips

    From Warburton to Chirnside Park Shopping Centre

    This service runs weekly on Tuesdays.


    From Monbulk and Wandin East to Chirnside Park Shopping Centre

    This service runs fortnightly on Thursday's.


    From Belgrave, Tecoma and Upwey Maxis Supermarket, Upper Ferntree Gully

    This service runs fortnightly on Tuesdays..

  • Personal & Property Services

    Personal & Property Services

    Find out more about the personal & property services available for over 65's and over 50's for ATSI residents:

    Domestic assistance

    Personal care

    Respite care

    Social support groups

    Property maintenance

Page 1 of  1

How do I access these services?

You will be assessed to determine your eligibility and the types of services required.

If you are 65 and older (or 50 and older for those of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander [ATSI] background)

Contact My Aged Care on 1800 200 422 to find out if you are eligible for the Commonwealth Home Support Program.

If eligible, you will be referred to the Regional Assessment Service, who will arrange a home visit to discuss your needs and arrange support.

Should more intensive long term assistance be needed, the Aged Care Assessment Service (ACAS) will be engaged to explore a package of care (through another Provider) or residential aged care.

People aged 64 and younger (or 49 and younger for ATSI background)

You may be able to access the state funded Home and Community Care Program for Younger People.

Contact us on 1300 368 333 to find out if you are eligible. An Assessment Officer will visit to establish eligibility and develop a support plan with you.

This service is intended to provide short term, basic support until the individual is able to resume normal activities.  Long term support, if required, may be possible on a case by case approach.

Subscribe to Page Updates

Fields marked as required must be completed