Apply for a Capital Development Grant
Capital development grants offers financial assistance to not-for-profit organisations to improve sport and recreation infrastructure. Funding is provided as a one off grant with the goal of benefiting sporting and recreation groups as well as the general community.
A capital development grant can cover up to 50% of the total project cost but not exceeding $30,000.
Before applying it is critical that you read through all of the grant information below.
Apply for a capital development grant
Who is eligible for a capital development grant?
Who can apply?
Who cannot apply?
- For profit organisations and businesses
Projects that may be funded include:
- Improvements to pavilions and club rooms, including kitchens, bathrooms and social space
- Improvements to sporting and recreational facilities
- New infrastructure initiatives to encourage active living
- Sustainability improvements
- Projects that reduce risk/safety
- Storage improvements
Projects that won't be funded include:
- Maintenance works considered as your organisation/ clubs responsibility under the current Tenancy or Lease agreement with Council;
- Projects which exclude access to the public or community groups;
- Ongoing administration/operational costs;
- Works that have already been started or completed;
- Sportsfield Lighting Upgrades; and
- Appliances and/or non-permanent equipment.
- Applications open: 9am, Monday 14th June 2021
- Applications close: 12am, Sunday 25th July 2021
- Evaluation process: August 2021 to September 2021
- Projects to be completed: October 2021 to 30 June 2022
Capital development grant assessment criteria
|Clear evidence of demand for the project and the ongoing benefits to community participation
|The degree to which the organisation has provided the required project documentation and can demonstrate the ability to deliver the project
|Demonstrated increased opportunities for female participation and/or disadvantaged groups
|Sustainability elements incorporated in design, materials and outcomes
What to include in your application
- Quotes and/or cost estimates
- Draft plans/design/project details
- Evidence of funds ie. Bank statement or letter from funding provider
- Council’s Project Management Framework
- Letters of support
- Current Annual Report or Business plan
What if you're successful?
Council will review applications after 25th July and notify applicants of the outcome by 1st October. All applicants will be notified via email.
- Payments of grants will be done via EFT
- 80% of the monies will be transferred once the above mandatory requirements for Council have been received
- The remaining 20% will be transferred upon competition and inspection of works by Council.
- Approval for any variation to projects outside of the completion timeframe must be received in writing to be considered by Council.