Community, support & township groups
Community groups and support agencies
We are fortunate to have a strong network of community and township groups managed and run by volunteers.
We support the operations of these groups through training, networking and information sharing.
Community groups include senior’s arts and craft, music, theatre, playgroups, scouts and guides, youth events, emergency services, welfare services, community services, sports & recreation, environment and local history.
You can get involved in your community or share your interests with others.
Find an interest group or support agency near you.
Township groups are independent community groups initiated and established by the community.
Township groups have a variety of roles, functions and capacities, including:
- Generating interest and participation in local issues
- Providing a forum for sharing local information, views and priorities
- Facilitating open dialogue within the community and external to the community
- Being an important voice of and advocate for the community
- Leading and driving local projects
- Being consulted by governments where it concerns their township
If you would like to get involved in a township group near you, please go to the Township Network Blog.
Help us to improve! Was this page useful?