Roadside trading permit

Roadside fruit stall

How do I apply for a permit?

You need a Roadside trading permit if you want to run a business that operates on:

  • a footpath
  • from a roadside
  • from a vehicle, stall or other structure in a public area (for example: coffee carts, hotdog vans)

Our streets and roadside trading policy(PDF, 1004KB) enables the sale of goods or services in public places, and regulates them for the safe use of everyone. Permits are renewed annually on October 31.

Apply for a roadside trading permit

Selling food?

If you want to sell food, a Streatrader registration is required.

Streatrader is an online system for businesses and community groups to register and notify their temporary and mobile food premises with their registering Council.

For more information on Streatrader, please contact us on 1300 368 333.