Yarra Ranges Council is committed to delivering quality services for our residents. Over the past two years we have been improving processes and achieving efficiencies across the organisation.
We have been exploring new ways of working that will equip us to adapt to changing technology and enable us to deliver effective, functional and responsive customer service well into the future.
The redevelopment and refurbishment of Council’s Anderson Street offices will play an important role in this work and is well overdue. The offices are more than 50 years old and are no longer fit for purpose.
The Civic Centre Redevelopment will:
- Address many of the building’s existing shortcomings, including disability access and outdated and inefficient building systems and infrastructure
- Significantly reduce Council’s environmental footprint and running costs, and demonstrate Council’s commitment to sustainability and the environment
- Incorporate clever design to help create a modern, fit-for-purpose workplace that meets the needs of our community and employees now and into the future.
- Provide an opportunity for the organization to adopt a more efficient and modern working model that supports our drive to improve customer focus and efficiencies. More open style workspaces will provide opportunities for better integration and collaboration.
- Enable all employees to be accommodated on the one site, saving on leasing costs of other buildings
- Better accommodate the needs of our community with meeting rooms and other multi-purpose spaces.