Risk and Emergency Management
No matter how small or large your event is, risk management is a critical element of the planning process. Organisations have a duty of care to ensure they plan for a safe environment. A risk management plan will help your group manage safety and minimise the risk of injury or damage.
Risk is not just about OH & S concerns. It is also about how you protect your organisation and it's reputation through the sound management of its human and financial resources.
Risk management is not as hard as people think. It involves looking at potential risk and either minimising them to an acceptable level or eliminating them. An effective plan can be developed by considering the following.
- What can go wrong at your event?
- What are the potetntial consequences?
- Are some risks more likely to occur than others?
- What can you do to prevent the risks from occurring?
- Revisit your plan to see whether what you did was effective, and whether circumstances have changed
- Make sure that everything is recorded and everyone involved is kept informed