Community & Township Groups in Yarra Ranges
Yarra Ranges is fortunate to have a strong network of community groups. Community groups are usually managed and run by volunteers. These groups focus on:
- Arts and Crafts
- Scouts and Guides
- Youth Events
- Emergency Services
- Welfare Services
- Community Services
- Sports & Recreation
- Local History
and many more.
If you would like to get involved in your community or share your interests with others, search our community directory to find a group near you.
Township groups are independent community groups that are initiated and established by the township community. While some groups were established in the 1970s and 1980s, the majority have been established since 2000.
Township groups have a variety of roles and functions and capacities, including:
- generating local interest and participation in a range of local issues
- providing a forum for sharing local information, views and priorities
- organising events that encourage broad community participation
- facilitating open dialogue within the community, and external to the community
- being an important voice of, and advocate for, the local community
- being a conduit between external stakeholders and the local community
- leading and driving local projects, and
- being consulted by governments where it concerns their township.
If you would like to get involved in a township group near you, please go to the Township Network Blog Link on this page.