Hard, Bundled Branches & Metals Collection
Council provides a hard waste & metals collection once per year, combined with the January - April collection of bundled branches. Each year between January and April residents can place hard, bundled branches and metal waste out for collection. Below is some important information relating to the collection.
When will my hard, bundled branches and metal waste be collected?
Each area of the shire has a nominated collection time, check the date on the front page of your Residential Recycling & Waste Guide or enter your address on our online maps to check when your collection is scheduled. Or call us on 1300 368 333.
Material is to be placed on your nature strip by the Sunday evening before the start of your collection week. Late material will not be collected.
Material is not to be placed out more than one week before the commencement of your collection week.
What Can I Put Out For Collection?
- household furniture , mattresses, bed bases and carpet tied in rolls
- up to 10 pieces of wood (no fencing)
- china, glass and mirrors (securely wrapped and marked)
- small branches (thinner than 75mm) tied in bundles with strong non plastic string (do not use stockings, wire or plastic)
- large branches (no thicker than 200mm in diameter or longer than 1.5m) neatly stacked
- white goods and appliances (fridge doors removed)
- scrap metal, tools, equipment and fencing wire (coiled and tied)
- mowers, metal baths and heaters
- metal car parts
- bricks, rubble, excavated material, soil or earth, building renovation or demolition material
- batteries, car, truck or tractor tyres, suspension springs or engines
- chemicals, hazardous materials or asbestos
- industrial, business or commercial waste
- household garbage, recyclables or polystyrene
- timber, stumps or roots
- gas cylinders, fuel or water tanks
- unwrapped glass
- barbed wire
- untied prunnings or prunings tied with plastic twine, stockings or wire
Please seperate your waste into three stacks; hard waste, bundled branches & metal. This allows safer & more efficient collections. In some areas, hard waste & metals will be collected in one truck for efficiencies and sorted at a central location for maximum recovery. For further information on this service, refer to your Residential Recycling & Waste Guide 2012-13 or click on the link to the side of this page.
How much can I put out
Hard Waste - maximum 3 cubic metres (3m x 1m x 1m)
Bundled Branches - maximum 3 cubic metres (3m x 1m x 1m)
Metals - unlimited providing a maximum of 1.5m in length and 50kg for each item.
What if my collection is missed?
If your collection has been missed, please contact us on 1300 368 333 within one week of your collection date. Late notification will result in non collections
For more information contact us on 1300 368 333 or email