Bundled Branch Collection
Yarra Ranges provides a Bundled Branches Collection around November/December each year, and also along with the Hard Waste Collection between January & April. Each area of the shire has a nominated collection week, please check the date on your Residential Recycling & Waste Guide or enter your address on our online maps to check when your collection is scheduled. Or call us on 1300 368 333.
What can I put out for collection?
- Branches thinner than 75mm in diameter must be tied
in bundles with strong non-plastic string.
- Up to 20 bundles of branches, equivalent to
3 cubic metres (3m x 1m x 1m).
- Bundles should be no longer than 1.5 metres
with a maximum diameter of 200mm
- Neatly stacked tree limbs (thicker than 75mm,
up to 200mm diameter and maximum length 1.5m). Must be straight, clean logs with side branches removed.
Must be able to be lifted by one person
Our bundled green waste is recycled and used for mulch. As a result the following cannot be collected:
- hard waste
- timber, stumps or roots
- soil or earth
- untied branches, loose garden material in boxes, bags, containers or bins.
- branches contaminated with nails or wire
- bamboo, creepers or vines, palm trees, soft plants, rose bushes, thorny plants, weeds, grass clippings or leaves
- tree limbs larger than 200mm in diameter
- material over 1.5m long
- material which cannot be lifted by one person
For further information on this service, refer to your current Residential Recycling & Waste Guide or click on the link to the side of this page.
What if my collection is missed?
If your collection is missed please call us on 1300 368 333 within one week of your collection date. Late notification will result in non collection.
For more information about the bundled branches collection please call us on 1300 368 333 or email.