Project Address: Main Road Monbulk
Council Ward: Chandler
Project Status: Completed
The streetscape works at Monbulk were completed early Autumn 2013. The design was developed following extensive consultation with the community and traders.
Key features of the project included:
- The use of deciduous trees to provide seasonal colour changes, shade in summer and light in winter months.
- Garden beds planted with a diverse range of native plants providing seasonal colour changes and interest to the streetscape.
- Clear pedestrian movement areas defined by colourful concrete bands which intertwine around the garden beds.
- Introduction of street trees into the roadway creating a perception of a narrowed roadway to encourage slower driver speed through the township.
- A variety of seating for resting and meeting including benches, decking, seats, stools, picnic tables, walls and rocks.
- Provision of spaces to accommodate a range of activities such as bands, street festivals, community events, external retail space, al fresco dining to encourage increased use by local residents.
- Widened footpaths on the northern side of Main Street also provide opportunities for traders to dispaly goods outside their shops.
- Widening of the Mt Pleasant Road pedestrian crossing to improve its visibility.
- Inclusion of art work and stencils in the conrete representing historical and cultural references of the Monbulk area
If you have any enquiries regarding the project please contact Jodie Tennyson, Landscape Architect. Jodie is available by phone on 1300 368 333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org