YMCA Access for All Abilities
Access for All Abilities (AAA) is a Victorian Government initiative coordinated by Sport and Recreation Victoria.
The AAA program provides opportunities for people with a disability to increase their participation in sport and recreation across Victoria. The AAA program also assists sport and recreation clubs to make positive changes towards a more inclusive environment for all community members.
Access for All Abilities can:
- Provide information and support on access and inclusion.
- Facilitate disability awareness training for coaches, officials and volunteers.
- Network with other key stakeholders in your community.
- Assist in attracting and retaining people with a disability.
- Provide support and information about grant applications.
- Promote your inclusive programs and opportunities to the community.
The benefits for your club will be…
- Increased membership and participation.
- A more diverse club membership.
- New volunteers, officials and spectators.
- An enhanced club profile within the community.
- Inclusive and sustainable programs and competitions.
- Connections to local communities and service networks.
Sport and recreation can help you to stay fit and healthy, make friends and develop a stronger relationship with other people in your local community.
To find out more visit the YMCA AAA Website
AAA Community Development Officer
Jacinda Erich is employed by YMCA Victoria as a Community Development Officer to deliver the Access for All Abilities program across the Yarra Ranges. Jacinda has worked in the disability field for over 15 years employed across a number of areas of disability that has provided a rich learning environment and now Yarra Ranges has the benefit of her knowledge and experience. Jacinda is passionate about justice and inclusion and is working conscientiously towards greater inclusion of people with a disability into sport and recreation throughout Yarra Ranges.
Jacinda welcomes your ideas and feedback and relies on you to raise any issues you experience in participating in sport and recreation within Yarra Ranges.
Phone: (03) 9757-6708