Positive Ageing Strategy
Yarra Ranges Council has developed a Positive Ageing Strategy which guides our directions and actions toward ensuring the Shire is a positive place for older people to live.
Council has a commitment to ensuring wherever possible that older residents have equitable access to services, information and support and have opportunities to share knowledge, learn and contribute to community life within the Shire.
The Positive Ageing Strategy comprises of actions council will take across a broad range of positive ageing goals.
These goals include:
- promoting positive attitudes towards ageing
- promoting the active participation of older residents in all community life
- supporting older residents to age well in their communities
- providing lifelong learning opportunities
- promoting senior-friendly environments
We are committed to working in partnership with the community to promote an age-inclusive community.
For more information contact us on 1300 368 333 and ask for Aged and Disability Services