The state government provides a concession on rates to pensioners. For 2012/2013 the concession is 50% up to a maximum of $198.00
Please note if you move to a new property you will need to reapply for this rebate.
Who is eligible?
- Pension Concession Card holders (issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans Affairs)
- DVA Gold Card- Totally or Permanently Incapacitated
- DVA Gold Card - War Widow.
Is there any other criteria?
Yes, you must also ensure:
- your eligible card is valid at the time of application
- you are the person responsible for the payment of the account
- your name is on the account
- your name and address on the account match the concession card.
How many properties can I claim a concession for?
You can only claim a concession for one property, which must be your principle place of residence. For the purpose of this concession the address on your concession card will be considered as your principle place of residence.
How do I apply?
Download the Application for Concession form and bring the completed form with your concession card to one of our Community Links or post the completed form along with a photocopy of both sides of your concession card to:
Yarra Ranges Council
PO Box 105
Lilydale, Vic 3140
For more information contact us on 1300 368 333 or email us.