General Provisions Local Law
On the 14 August 2012 the General Provisions Local Law 2012 came into operation.
The objectives of this local law are to:
- promote a physical and social environment free from hazards to health, in which you can enjoy a quality of life that meets general expectations
- protect and promote access, safety and amenity in the Yarra Ranges
- regulate and control activities within the municipal district that may be dangerous, unsafe or detrimental to the environment or to the quality of life
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the Yarra Ranges.
The following local laws have been revoked and are no longer in operation:
- Scare Gun Control Local Law 2002
- Streets & Roads Local Law 2005
- Animal Control Local Law 2007
- Consunption of Liquor in Public Places Local Law 2007
You can view the full local law using the link on this page.
For more information contact us on 1300 368 333 or email