Festivals & Events Grants
Festival and Events grants are available to assist communities plan and stage local celebrations that are inclusive of the wider community.
First time applicants can apply for up to $5000. Funding up to $10,000 is available for Festivals with a proven track record.
To be successful, a project proposal must demonstrate how it meets the following criteria.
- Develop and enhance community identity and engagement with place.
- Experiences available to people of all ages and interests.
- Creative community event that engages multiple stakeholders.
- Activation of townships and public places with arts, heritage and community activity.
- Project encourages broad community support and participation in event at all levels.
- Fosters partnerships between diverse community and cultural groups, individuals and businesses.
- Locally based, benefiting the residents and communities.
- Encourages access for all abilities.
- Enhance public places through community driven activity.
- Demonstrate environmental sustainability practices.
- Support partnerships and networks within the community.
- Support and develop community leadership.
- Build community capacity through involvement in public events.
- Projects linked to a local area community plan that has been acknowledged by Council.
- Strengthen community leadership in the diverse communities across Yarra Ranges.
- Capacity to carry out what is being proposed including experience, governance, people and resources.
- There is a comprehensive project plan presented which identifies how the project will be implemented successfully within a timeframe.
- Documented plan for waste management, risk, food handling, first aid, crowd management and other health and safety issues.
- Demonstrated that event can be run efficiently and safely, with minimal environmental impact.
- The budget makes sense and is well documented.
- The project is achievable within the proposed budget.
- The project has funding and/or in-kind support from other sources and includes a contribution from the applicant.
- The budget considers future financial sustainability.
Applications for the 2014 Festivals and Events Grants will open on 29 July and close on 30 September. Applications will be submitted online through the SmartyGrants program (click on the link on the right) which you will be able to access from the Council website from 29 July.
For more information about Festivals & Events grants please contact Karen Meuleman on 1300 368 333 or email