Capital Development Program
The purpose of the Capital Development Program is to identify financial assistance that may be available to provide sporting, recreation and community facilities of a standard appropriate to the needs of residents, local community clubs and organisation's.
Priority will be given to projects that address the following objectives:
- Improve existing Council assets, especially with regard to general safety and risk management;
- Provide additional opportunities for participation through provision of community facilities within the Yarra Ranges Council;
- Optimise utilisation of existing facilities and increase the range of user's; and/or
- Improve sporting, recreational and community facilities and opportunities within the Yarra Ranges Council, particularly for disadvantaged groups.
Grants available for one-off projects up to $50,000.
Who can apply
- Incorporated groups or groups that can be auspiced by an incorporated body
- Groups that have a current lease/license or tenancy agreement with Council
- Groups with a community based constituency
- Groups that can demonstrate a capacity to achieve the project objectives
- Groups that can form partnerships or links with other groups to achieve the project objectives.
Applications must comply with the Yarra Ranges Community Grants Policy and the specific Funding Guidelines for the Capital Development Program. Both documents are available to download on the right of this screen
*Please Note: It is advisable to contact Recreation Services to ensure your proposed project meets the criteria for this program.
Funding round opens 18th February 2013
Funding round closes 17th May 2013
Successful funding announcement June 2013
How to Apply
- Read and understand the Funding Guidelines before proceeding to ensure your grant is applicable;
- Discuss your project with Recreation Services for advice;
- Click on the link to the right of the screen to complete the Online Application Form.
Please contact Recreation Services on (03) 9294 6738