Documents Available for Public Inspection
Information available for public inspection
Council maintains a range of documents and registers for public inspection in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989 (the Act) and the Local Government (General) Regulations 2004.
Documents are available for inspection at Council’s Lilydale Offices, corner Anderson and Hardy Streets, Lilydale. To arrange an inspection please contact Council's Governance Unit on 1300 368 333.
Many of the documents are available to view on-line and can be download from the Council website. See links to documents below.
- Details of current allowances fixed for the Mayor and Councillors.
- A register of senior officer salary remuneration in respect of the current financial year and the previous financial year.
- Details of overseas or interstate travel undertaken in an official capacity by Councillors or Council staff in the previous 12 months.
- Names of Council Officers who were required to submit a return of interest during the financial year and dates returns were submitted.
- Names of Councillors who submitted a return of interest during the financial year and dates returns were submitted.
- Register of Interests – Returns lodged by Councillors and Council Officers. Note: the Act requires a specific written application be made with respect to this Register. Please contact the Governance Unit to make arrangements for the inspection.
- Agendas and minutes of Ordinary and Special Council Meetings held in the previous 12 months, also Special Committee Meetings. (Yarra Ranges Council has no Special Committees). Refer Agendas & Minutes on Council web site.
- A register of delegations kept under section 87, 88 and 98 of the Act.
- Submissions received during the previous 12 months in accordance with section 223 of the Act.
- Agreements to establish regional libraries under section 196 of the Act.
- A list of property, finance and operating leases involving land, buildings, plant, computer equipment or vehicles.
- A register of authorised officers appointed under section 244 of the Act.
- A list of donations and grants made by the Council during the financial year. See Annual Report on Council web site.
- Names of the organisations of which the Council was a member during the financial year. See Annual Report on Council web site.
- A list of contracts valued at $100,000 or more entered into without first engaging in a competitive process during the financial year.
Council’s policy in relation to the reimbursement of expenses for Councillors and Council Committees. See Council’s Expenditure & Donation Policy on Council web site.
- Councillor Code of Conduct. See Councillor Code of Conduct on Council web site.
- Yarra Ranges Council Local Laws. See Local Laws on Council web site.
- Current Council Plan. See Council Plan on Council web site.
- Current Strategic Resource Plan. Incorporated within Council Plan See Council Plan on Council web site.
- Current Budget. See Budget on Council web site.
- Council’s Annual Report and the associated Auditor’s Report on the Financial Statements. See Annual Report on Council web site.
- Details regarding differential rates declared by Council. Refer Council Budget Appendices: Statutory disclosures. See Budget on Council web site
- Copy of the current Procurement Policy. See Council web site.
- Copies of the Preliminary and Final reports from the last Electoral Representation Review – see web link to Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC).
- In preparation for the final voters’ roll, and prior to certification of the roll, an exhibition roll is made available for 5 working days for public inspection, allowing voters to review their details. As part of the election process details of inspection and locations where the exhibition rolls are available throughout the municipality will be released in the local papers and on the Council web site. Once the voters’ roll for an election is complete and certified, the roll is available for inspection – beginning on the day that the voters’ roll is certified; and ending 30 days after Election Day. Contact Council’s Governance Unit 1300 368 333.
- Candidate campaign donation returns for the previous Council Elections. A summary of the campaign returns for the previous Council Elections is available on this website. Refer to the document link on this page.